Friday, May 10, 2013

5th Day of Chemo

Well today was the 5th day of my chemo treatment. Which means that I am through with my first full week of the toxins. And I have to say that I feel better than I did last night. But it took awhile for me to feel better. Partly because last night I had my first throwing up episode at 4.30 in the morning. I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but its not something I want to go through again. I was feeling just horrid all morning because of it. I didn't start to feel better until almost the end of chemo session today, they gave me some extra anti-nausea stuff. Since I got home the only side effects I have been having are acid reflux, some gas, and just a little bit of nausea, but that went away with some meds. This meant I was actually able to eat a little meal for dinner. And so far no more nausea after dinner. Lets just hope it keeps up.

So next week I only have one round of treatment on Tuesday, its the Bleomycin which only takes an hour but has the most side effects. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to my 3 day weekend lol. As chemo only last 48 hours, I should have a great monday.

Below is a pic of me again asleep in the chemo chair. I'm actually asleep and not just posing just fyi. Also give it up for the sexy hand of Mel. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment