Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 7 Weekend

So I haven't posted in awhile and I am sorry for that. If I haven't posted something that day then more times than not, it means nothing has happened.

This past weekend has been an amazing weekend. On Friday I got my blood tested and found out that I have a fully intact immune system! Which meant I could actually have a normal(ish) weekend and see people!

It was great to be normal again and not stuck inside my house like I have been for the past weeks. So Mel and myself decided to go up to my apartment for the weekend. On the way up we stopped by Mel's old host family's house to visit with them. It was good to see them. After that I dropped Mel off at her friends and I went up to my apartment and unpacked.

That night after I picked Mel back up, we had dinner at William's and Bros and met up with some of our friends afterwards. It was good to see people again and hang out with everyone. I had forgotten how much I missed hanging out with my friends. It must mean I have completely lost my mind (the little bit I had left that is) sitting at home everyday. So that was all on Friday.

Saturday we had decided to fit even more in. First we had lunch with my grandma and dad. It was good to see my grandma. I always just worry about her. We went to Pasta Bella and it was amazing. Afterwards I was became incredibly tired and felt very drained, so I had a nap. If I hadn't done that, I'm not sure how long I would have lasted before I passed out standing up. It was good nap and I felt like I had plenty of energy to go to my friends birthday pool party.

The pool party was a lot of fun because I got to see even more of friends and catch up with a lot of people. The only thing that could have made it better is if I could have gotten into the water and gone swimming. Oh well, summer isn't over yet and when I'm done with chemo, and I'm able to, I'm going to go swimming. Anyways, after the party we had some company come over to my apartment and just hung out for the rest of the night. It was a good time, and I can't wait until I can go back up and see everyone again.

To top the weekend off, I got to meet one of my oldest friend's new born. It was weird to think I was holding his baby, but she was an incredibly cute baby.

But I think the best thing about this weekend is that I got to spend it with my love Mel! I've missed her when she had gone back across the pond, and I'm so happy that I got to spend this weekend before starting my treatment again with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment