Sunday, June 02, 2013

12th Day of Chemo and the Sunday After

Well yesterday (Saturday 6/1) was by far the worst day of chemotherapy I have had. Instead of the doctors office where I normally have chemo, I had to go to the hospital. (Because it was Saturday). That morning I already wasn't feeling the greatest and when we where there it took them forever to get the treatment ready. Also the nurse that was taking care of me didn't like to be patient and listen to us. So when they did my first flush I threw up because she wouldn't let me get ready for it. After a little bit I tried eating and that just ended in me actually throwing up. Which was the first time that has happened while I have been receiving the chemo. So the nurses had to call the doctor to get me more nausea meds, but when she came to give me the nausea meds she didn't listen to us once again. So in the processes of giving me the anti-nausea meds I nearly threw up again. But luckily enough when we got home I started to feel better, though I was hardly able to really eat anything. My uncle came over to stay the night also and he brought steak with him! Which I was actually able to keep down! It was the best part of the day.

Then today I woke up feeling alright, but as the day wore on I started feeling worse and worse. I threw up about mid afternoon. It wasn't pleasant but after that I was able to keep some food down. Once that happened I started feeling a lot better. By dinner I was even able to eat a whole meal and not feel nausea afterwards!

Now I hope that this keeps up until tomorrow. If it does I am hoping to be able to eat multiple meals without throwing up and feel normal afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment